Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I called her that morning and left her a voice mail; I then proceeded about my business and when I had finished my business I went downtown.

I had given up drinking even though I had a few beers on Friday night; my plan had been to get lunch. I ended up splitting an order of something with the bartender while sipping a beer.

Espresso Martinis were suggested so I had left for Starbuck's. The bar is on a do nothing street which doesn't get a lot of traffic so I was quite surprised to hear my name called from a passing vehicle.

"You are so busted," Lady G continued from her window.

"What? I'm going to get coffee."

"Yeah, but where are you coming from?"

"I was eating lunch. You can confirm that with the bartender."

"Did you call me earlier?"

"Yeah, how you getting Little g tomorrow?"

"I was supposed to have a ride but I think it fell through. We'll talk about it later. You are so busted."

"I'm getting coffee!"

"Whatever."

When I returned to my seat at the bar I told Emily that one of the reasons I was cutting down on my drinking was because Lady G thought I drank too much and that I had just ran into her on that little back alley street.

My stool neighbor made out like a bandit yet again. He offered to buy me drinks but I told him it wasn't necessary. Damn moocher.

No comments: