Thursday, July 19, 2007

maybe Monday

I've been catching myself just staring at the calendar trying to pick days to take off. I'll be staring for a couple minutes before I'll snap out of it, usually when the boss is walking by or something.

I have nineteen days of vacation to use.

You should invite me over to your house with specific dates so I don't have to make any decisions about vacation days. I won't actually stay at your house; I'll just be in the area on those specific days. Maybe we'll arrange so I'll run into at the coffee shop and you'll say, "Hey aren't you the Green Catfish?" and I'll look around all spy-like and say "Yeah, but I'm trying to keep a low profile."

And then you'll ask me about some of the stories I have transcribed and whether or not they are true and I'll be like "I wrote what?" mostly because I forget things after I write then which is probably why I write thing - to get then out of my head.

Or maybe you could vacation in Boston and I'll take those days off and arrange it so that I'll run into you in the coffee shop or something.

But either way, you'll have to carry the conversation, if you want a conversation because I'm okay with just standing around being quiet.

...

Sometimes when I'm standing around being quiet, I'll be thinking of what I'm going to say if someone asks me what I'm thinking about.

No comments: