Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday


I took today off from the day job. There is a summer program that uses the tennis courts that are across the street from my house. When it rains, they cancel the program for that day. Today it was raining and someone had to tell the news to those who chanced showing up anyway. I felt a little bit of guilt as I watched them wait in the sprinkling rain as I sipped my coffee as I watched from my kitchen window.



I think the guy saw my looking so I went out to the back yard. It hadn't actually started to rain and the temperature was spot on for drinking a hot coffee.



Driving to Home Depot to purchase ant poison is one of the things I do on my days off.



Another this is to take photos of unmoored boats.



I like my new mower. It's self propelled. I used to make fun of the self propelled mowers. I thought they were for the lazy and the weak.

Anyway, I mowed the lawn the day before so mowing it again was really out of the question so I used the other new machine I got and started chipping into mulch all those branches that had been collected for years.

Whenever I mow, and today while I was mulching, this little gray bird always sits close by and watches. He'll eat any moth that gets disturbed; any moth that isn't white, that is. I think I read somewhere that cabbage moths are a bit toxic maybe the bird has read the same thing.



I took a shower after mulching and while dressing I checked my phone. I listened to the voicemail from the missed call and made the requested return phone call. Things needed to be done for a presentation the very next day. It was four thirty.

Photos needed to be taken and presentation boards needed to be designed. It's now quarter till eleven. I'm done.

No comments: