Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I was a little surprised at the noise the tow rope made as it broke. It was more of a thud than a snap; my sister noticed it right away. Her Jeep broke down at the supermarket and we were towing it home. I figured that I would rather be the one rear ending my own truck if someone could not apply the now unpowered powered brakes in the Jeep fast or hard enough.

It wasn't her fault the rope broke, I was going to see if I could pop the clutch to start the engine but instead of turning the engine, I exceeded the strength of the rope. Hence the thud followed by the clunk of the metal hook hitting the asphalt.

I told myself "Good going, jackass" and followed that by "What ya going do now?"

One of the benefits of living were I do is that most everything I need is no longer than a ten minute drive away. I returned with a tow strap. The strap touts to be twenty five time stronger than a rope.


I got tired of writing this. We did end up getting it to the driveway.

No comments: