Saturday, July 28, 2007

Later when I called her she said she peed in a bush

I always try to be there the first day; I like to think that having a familiar face at the bar is a welcomed thing.

I sat in my usual seat as she was on the phone. She smiled and motioned with a pint glass and I nodded. She then handed me the phone.

"Guess who"

"Emily"

"That's right" she said with a slight slur. It was one thirty in the afternoon. "I'm here at Stephanie's and our boy Dave is getting me fucked up"

"Yeah, Dave's good at that"

"Are you coming by?"

I didn't have an answer right away. I was there to give the new bartender an easy customer and I couldn't figure out a way to do that without staying put but chances to drink with Emily wouldn't be coming up often. I tipped large and left with a promise of returning.

When I met up with her she was on her second peach margarita; a particle shit show ensued. She got a little loud but when you’re a hot piece of ass, you're forgiven more than others would be.

I sucked down my first peach margarita after she demonstrated that you have to smash the peach wedge on the bottom of the glass and after that, ordered another. She matched my drink order as she told me something that she couldn't before because she had still been working at the bar.

"Everything Danielle said about me was false. I didn't want to say anything because I knew she was your favorite." Danielle never told me any specifics about what was going on between her and Emily. I wondered what she thought I was told. I just let her talk; she seemed to want me to know some things. What she told me, I mostly already knew.

No comments: