Sunday, July 01, 2007

sometimes, I won't speak a thing

I'm not a very bold photographer mostly because I do believe photos capture a bit of soul and I think it's a bit rude just to go about capturing soul.

I also think photos show a little bit of what's in the taker's soul as well; you folks don't get to see all the photos I take.

She noticed I was in a hurry and that I had my camera with me. She asked me what I was doing. I had just been in the back yard reading the latest copy of PRINT magazine when I looked up and noticed the sky. I didn't answer her, I just opened the front door, passed through the enclosed porch and stood on the tiny front deck as I aimed my camera towards the heavens.

I didn't say what I was doing because sometimes when I speak a thing it seems all too silly and then I won't do it.

I'm glad I kept quiet.

No comments: