Thursday, March 10, 2011

The letter T


She had me look at a couple youtube videos. They were all of the Red Line of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority more commonly known as the MBTA and locally, simply as the T.

Most of the videos were rather tight shots, no sweeping panoramic views and no signs to clue you in as to where they were shot. She named the station in the video of two trains passing each other. I know we were only at that station twice during the week, once to get downtown and once as we returned from downtown. I was impressed. I knew the station because I stand on that platform every damn work day and every work day that isn’t damned as well.

We spoke about it later and she told me her trick which wasn’t really a trick at all. I take self portraits from that station platform from time to time, not because I’m vain and friendless but because sometimes I get requests for photos of my handsome visage and I like to comply with the wishes of pretty women.

She told me that she recognized the background in the video as the background in one or some of my photos; impressive none the less.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thank you!

I'm studying my map trying to learn the Red Line. One way or the other I'm going to find my way around!