Thursday, August 19, 2004

I have this problem you see. A problem with being obstinate.

ob·sti·nate adj.
1. Stubbornly adhering to an attitude, opinion, or course of action; obdurate.
2. Difficult to manage, control, or subdue; refractory.
3. Difficult to alleviate or cure: an obstinate headache.

I don’t like a lot of online reference services mainly because I like to browse and browsing is difficult on most online services but an online service I enjoy is dictionary.com. Dictionary.com proves me right, it’s proves me wrong, it makes me a better person.

Anyway, back to the story, I’m obstinate. I tend not to let something drop. I will go on and on, sometimes. Sometimes, friends will plead with me to just let it go, they assure me “Yes, yes we know, but we just don’t have the time, please let’s just move on. Yes, you’re the crowned prince of bullshit. Let’s go.”

But last night, I did something out-of-nature. I let a discussion drop even though I think I could get my point across eventually, I just let it go. I’m not certain why.

No comments: