Tuesday, August 10, 2004

whatever...

I’m trying to make a better effort with things. I’m not having much success but there I was taking better photos of some property. A property built from scratch to five stories tall, twenty five units in all. Built by someone I would call a friend, a friend who actually was there, working late. It was a chance meeting. I didn’t see him at first, he had to call my name to get my attention.

Of all the builders I’ve met, there were only two that I would actually work for, this guy is one of them. We catch up a bit, as he gets a banner that was left there for marketing purposes to give to me even though I’m just there for photos.

He calls me Terrible, one of the nicknames he has given me. Terrible is not a description of my job performance, it’s for the attitude I would get when I ran across some hack tradesman. Hack tradesmen were always a source of irritation for me, mainly because I would be the one that would have to fix the screw-ups. It would bother me that some ‘professional’ could not or would not do the job as good as I.

Dude, I don’t do this everyday like you and even I can do a better job.

Another nickname is Timmy the Heat.

He’s there working late because his main guy is on vacation. He’s doing things like sweeping up and odds and ends. If I had gotten there earlier I would have helped him out. I almost let him know that I’ll be by tomorrow, I’ll bring my tools.

I miss construction but I’m still certain it would kill me, like it almost had.

No comments: