Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Yesterday, was running like a regular Monday. Mondays are slow at the favorite bar and grill so I do my best to drop by on Mondays for lunch.

"I have to go" I said

"Why? What do you have to do?" Jennifer asked

"Well, I sort of have that day job thing"

"When then come back for three"

I was just there for lunch so it was just sodas. Three is the normal quantity of pints for me unless I'm going to make a night of it so I said "Okay". I thought asking me to commit to three was pretty bold but in reality if I were to come back I was going to stay for three.

I went back with a friend and had my three, things were still slow so I was asked to stay. I was really done with the beer, sometimes I just have enough of it and it usually has nothing to do with the quantity or come to think of it the quality either, there just comes a point when I don't want beer anymore. I informed my lovely barkeep of this and she provided the option of Whiskey Sours, which is my current first choice after beer. So I said I'll stay but somehow my friend and I were served double shots of Vodka, the raspberry and orange flavors mixed, this happened twice. Then I got a regular shot of Tequila, my Whiskey Sour and then another double shot of the Vodka. I forget what my friend was doing. There was some teasing as to the long wait the last double shot was taking on the bar, but I freely admitted that I'm a pussy when it comes to drinking.

I got my bar bill which had three beers and a Whiskey Sour on it and I was told by Jennifer that the shots were on her, and that my friends is why I drop by on Mondays for lunch.

No comments: