Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I'm retired.

I'm asked to come by to put together a weed trimmer. I asked if I need any tools, she didn't know. She did know that if I needed tools then I would have to bring them myself because she didn't have any tools. She went on further that she would like me to tell her what tools she would need around the house.

I was busy at the time of the call but I told her I could be by at 5:00PM. I got there early and was carrying a new tool bag with new tools in it. She was sweeping the front stairs and talking to two female neighbors.

"Oh, are you a repairman?" I was asked.

I smiled and said "I would have to answer no to that question."

The smile was due to the assumption she needed some things repaired. Good help is hard to find so folks are always on the lookout. You get to learn the tone of voice eventually.

I'm retired from the fix-it business, only family and friends get that service anymore.

Unless you're super cute

No comments: