Tuesday, August 24, 2004

I just realized...

It could be argued that I play with dolls.



...
The novelty of drinking copious amounts of alcohol has worn out. I'm done.

I was witness to and I suppose partner in a friend getting smashed. I didn't like it.
...
So this old guy, about seventy, asks "What's the next stop? I want to get the Red Line."
"The next stop is Park Street which will get you to the Red Line." is what I said.
Then this guy starts telling me how he hates it when folks don't know what the next stop is when they are riding the trains. He says that in New York he could see how an out of towner could get confused but in Bos ton it isn't that hard to keep tract of the next station.

I said I ride the same train everday and sometimes I forget, I just get used to counting the stops until it's mine and folks sometimes don't need to know the names of the stations in between.

Then he comes right out and asks who I'm going to vote for. I tell him I don't know. So, he correctly assumes that I don't like either gentleman running for President. I tell him "Yeah, I don't think Bush is doing a good job but I don't think Kerry has the answers, either." I further stated that I thought either way me being a resident of Massachusetts I should have less worry because if Kerry gets in then he should take care of MA but if he doesn't then it's status quo.

Then the old dude says that a lot of America is the same as me, there are a lot of people who should know which way to vote but don't. Yeah, whatever dude. I'm just trying to get home.

No comments: