Saturday, December 02, 2006

I thought it would be a simple thing after all we weren't very close; we only shared a casual thing maybe twice, most like the connection between a friend of a friend and oneself.

We never said too much to each other but I got used to her being around.

And then her schedule changed. The change was a benefit to her, I wished her well. I said "See ya around' even though I knew I wouldn't. I thought it would be easy because we never really talked; I hadn't noticed the comfort level I got when she was around. Even though I never needed her, she was there if I did, and it turns out that that is what I needed.

I could tell her that I miss her and she would inject herself into my life but I would be taking her away from others who do actually need her; I would be taking her away from herself.

So, I miss her quietly

but it's difficult

more difficult than I thought.

No comments: