Thursday, February 15, 2007

I used to write and then edit out everything but the kicker line.


I was buying Valentine's candy on sale and not because it was Valentine's Day but because it was candy when my phone told me I had a voicemail. I must have hit one of those coverage bubbles when the call came in because I certainly didn't hear my phone ring.

She was having problems with printing invites; she wanted my advice. When I called her back she explained what the problem was. I told her there wasn't anything I could think of that would solve her problem. The printer would work fine with regular paper. I asked if her printer had an adjusting lever or a knob for envelopes or thick paper. She said it didn't. Her printer most likely just doesn't like her invites.

In a pleading voice she asked what she could do. She didn't want to print them on her ink jet because the quality would be less. I told her that sometimes there is no solution. She wasn't happy.

It's fine to think outside the box but sometimes the box has teeth. If you don't want to get bit in the ass; stay inside the box.

I told her I would swing by her house later.

...

A swing with a miss

or an unsatisfied misses even

No comments: