Saturday, February 03, 2007

I'm constantly tempering my charm ('cause it pretty damn powerful stuff)

"I like the 'black' thing you've got going on. You usually don't do that, do you?"

"No. Usually, I don't wear this hat. The other one brings out my blue eyes more."

"That's right. It's the eyes."

I think I wear black well. I think it helps takes some of the 'goofy' out of my goofy charm but wearing black all the time doesn't seem to fit who I think I am and I've been told more than once to wear more color.

My black Nike hat equals steely gray eyes. I still don't know what color my eyes truly are. I think they are more green than blue maybe they're hazel.

Jen came back from her break carrying four dozen cookies.

"Hey, what's the matter? My cookies weren't good enough for you?"

"No. We ate all your cookies."

"So, what kind did you get?"

"Those fudge brownie chocolate chip, that you brought earlier, regular chocolate chip for René, banana chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin chocolate chip."

"Those are Em's favorite." I said which caused her to turn around and call Emily over. I couldn't hear what they said over the music.

A friend was leaving for a different job; that was my excuse for being at the bar. A group of us were there and I was doing my best to keep my focus on the crowd from work but it seemed like everyone else was tapping me on the shoulder. At one point I turned back around and all my coworkers were gone. But I did have a bartender standing in front of me.

'Timmy. What now?"

"I don't know." I had a close to empty pint of Bud Light in front of me, I switched back after two Margarita's.

"Something fun. Not that," she said as she pointed with her chin at my beer.

"Something fun for you usually ends up being something bad for me."

We settled on the deal that would have both of us doing a shot of peach flavored vodka. She's particular; I'm not. She chilled the shots and brought me over a Diet Coke chaser.

"Jenny never gives you a chaser."

"You're right, she doesn't. Thank you."

I left after the shot. It wasn't a bad night, I spent time with friends, had a few drinks sent my way, found out that I guessed right with the fudge brownie chocolate chip cookies for Jen, learned that René likes the regular chocolate chip and that Emily is trying to give me better service than Jen currently does. I hope my liver can survive the competition.

No comments: