Thursday, October 18, 2007

He smiled liked he had a secret

I left after one because even all of my charm wasn't going to brighten her day. I walked passed the historic and that which attracts the tourists and was making my way across the plaza when I noticed him. He gave me a sly smile. He's an easy going guy and he's quick to smile at a friend. Neither of us slowed, and as our paths were about to cross, he said something.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure," I said but I was thinking it would have to be quick.

"Probably nothing will come of it but I recommended you for that supervisor's job to the vice president."

I smiled a bit, because that was cool. The distance between us had increased to the point to where I had to speak loudly. "Hey thanks and you're right, probably nothing will come of it but at least you got him thinking. Thanks."

No comments: