Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday

So, the normal routine is that I go into work about fifteen minutes early, read what I hadn't read of the paper on the train and then at about eight, I have coffee with co-worker/friends. Today, however, at eight, I got a phone call that someone needed maps printed. I figured it would be only a minor delay in my day but I figured wrong because the printer server was down and when the print server goes down all printing everywhere stops.

But the maps were important so I wheeled the large format plotter into my cube and hooked it up the old fashion way, with a printer cable.

It was out for four hours.

Email is working and I haven't a clue as to why the powers-to-be didn't notify folks with a short and to the point email indicating that they suck at fixing things.


So, there was a news crew in the office today. I was told that they would be asking folks whether or not they could concentrate on their jobs due to the Worlds Series

No comments: