Saturday, October 06, 2007

how novel

She came into my office and told me that her cousin was wondering if we could do large checks to pass out to the scholarship winners, and maybe laminate them. When she was explaining the concept of handing over a large check to the winners, I mentioned that I was familiar with "novelty" checks.

"Oh, is that what you call them."

"Yeah. Well, that's what I've heard them called."

When I told her the largest that I could laminate was eleven by seventeen she asked about printing them on the thirteen by thirty six inch banner paper without laminating them. She also said that she wanted them rigid. I pointed and said we could stick them on foam board.

"We can do that?"

"Yeah. We have glue technology."

I said it remembering where I had a can of spray adhesive but when I tried to spray the back of the checks, the can wouldn't spray. I cursed myself a little for being a smartass and dreaded using some other gluing method but while I was looking for my rubber cement, I found an old can of spray adhesive which had enough in it to glue all three checks.

www.littlequsa.com


I was riding in on the train today when I realized that I haven't had consistent quiet time; time where I can hear my thoughts.

And that is why I don't like my posts, or so I think or so I thought at the time. I still think it could be true.

No comments: