Thursday, October 25, 2007

I forget whatever alias I used for her before.

But the story was that she broke up with her boyfriend. She usually keeps at least two; it was the newest one. Both are or had been married at the time of her relationships.

Me, I'm a sucker.

During the course of the evening she asked why I try to make everyone happy. She brought up that incident two years ago; the one where she was left standing in her hallway wearing nothing but a t-shirt. She confided that she cursed me for three weeks after that episode.

She was hurting but I wasn't going to fuck away her hurt; mostly because fucking never heals the heart, at best it just soothes the soul and that's only temporary.

She wasn't buying the girlfriend excuse probably because mostly I wasn't selling it. I have hard time explaining how I'm not going to cheat on a friend I've know for twenty five years and have never had sex with; I kept with the excuse she was too vulnerable at the moment. She countered with that is how she deals with issues such as this.

I was trying to give her an ear and maybe a little bit of shoulder but that wasn't enough, she wanted something lower.

She tried all the standards:
"Don't you think I'm pretty?"
"Don’t you like me?"
"I just need someone tonight."
"I've read that book 'He's just not into you'."

And others I forget.

I didn't want her to think I was abandoning her but I certainly wasn't going home with her. She said she would drive me to the station in the morning.

I left the train three stops before hers.



I could have titled this "It takes more than a slit."

No comments: