Thursday, October 11, 2007

So, the deal is: I'm not very motivated.

So, we're at this fundraiser thing.

Lady G - "When I saw the checks I knew that was his work."

The Owner - "Yeah, he did them last night."

Lady G - "He does his best work under pressure."

The Owner - "You do, you know. That's when your creativity really comes out."




He died of a heart attack. He was a cousin to the Owner.

Lady G - "Did you see your name?" she asked as she pointed at a sheet of paper on the banquet table.

Green Catfish - "No." I scanned the page and didn't see it, so I looked more slowly. It read: 'Real Estate Company'/Green Catfish. "It should be the other way around."

Lady G - "What?"

Green Catfish - "It should be the other way around. It was mostly my stuff I used."

I guess I'm bitter.

There is always a gray area when family or friends of the Owner ask me to do things. I never know if I'm doing a favor for them or the Owner. The only reason I like to know is that it determines who takes the hit for supplies even though lately it's always me.

Before we walked into the event Lady G asked if she was going to be the only chocolate girl there. I thought for a moment and couldn't give a definitive answer so I said "Possibly." She said "That's okay. I just like to psyche myself up before hand."

She was the only other chocolate girl besides the departed's former boss.



We walked around to be seen by the politicians. She likes to be seen. I like the shadows but for her I make my acquaintances known to the general public. I shake hands with the big shots as they greet me by name.

As we were making our way through the crowd she said "There's a lot of eye candy here for you." I said "But I can only see you," and then I heard a laugh to my right. I looked passed Lady G and smiled at the lady privy to our conversation, Lady G said "He's good at saying the right thing."

...

I overheard her said: I'll be a hundred before you know it.

I think: Aren't you already a hundred.

Yeah, I don't like her much.

No comments: