Thursday, October 04, 2007

limes, too

When she called and asked if I was still in the office, I was standing in my kitchen. It was eight thirty and dark out. When I told her where I was, she said that it could wait until morning.

She then asked if I saw the deposits. In hindsight I don't know whether she was concerned about getting money into the bank or just pointing out to me that money was coming in. I'm guessing the latter because she then mentioned that more was coming in and that we could start getting out of our dire straights. She stated that we would succeed. I stated that I had no doubt of success but that I was incapable of seeing it in any current timeline. She then said that we've been going through this for a long time, now. I was just quiet.

I know there is an unseen light at the end of the tunnel.

It not unlike what the sailors of old must have gone through, confident that there is land but stuck with a panoramic view of seemingly endless ocean. And I'm low on lemons.

...

Peanuts give you bad breathe and you give nothing in return

peanuts - Photo Hosted at Buzznet

"Hey, I have something for you."

"Is it something good?"

"Yes. Because you never get acknowledged for all the good you do, I brought something in for you; just let me get my lunch out of the bag."

I watched her pull an apple, a yogurt and a sandwich made with whole wheat bread from a small tote bag from one of the local stores, and then she handed it to me.

"Here you go. I know you like peanuts. You can put them over with your stash. If I could get that bag back, that would be great."

"Yeah, we're a big fan of nuts over in Engineering. Thanks."

No comments: