Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I don't have a recipe for lemonade

So, when I exited the train station and saw the barriers, I was sick of it already. Maybe I have old man syndrome.

How is your life any better now that the Boston Red Sox have won the current World Series? Are you now a better person? Did you get a raise? Is your wife prettier? Hotter? Sexier? Is your pecker bigger? Is the City of Boston any better? Did the city prove something?

The Boston Red Sox are a privately held business. I'm glad they won but...


....

In other news, and this may surprise you, I cooked my first whole chicken last night. I slipped some butter and herbs under the skin and brushed the whole outside with melted butter, cooked it on its right side (wing up) for twenty four minutes, then the left side for the same amount of time and then breast side up until it hit an internal temperature of 165.

I took it out and let it rest for ten minutes and then started to carve it up, and then I said "You cock sucking son of a bitch" because the juices where not running clear. So, I put it back into the oven breast side down for about another twenty four until the cool part of the chicken hit 165 too, it started at 145.

I felt lied too by a cookbook.

Maybe I should have used the convection feature of my expensive oven.

I have another fresh chicken if the frig. I will learn.

Once cooked, it was tasty. The skin was crisp and the meat was moist and I'm not dead from salmonella, the morning after, so I consider that a success.

I think I'm going to butterfly the next one and cook it on the gas grill.

And the next one I roast I will turn it four times: Left, right, bottom, top (breast side up). Freaking cook book.

...


So, prior to all that I was in the supermarket, buying herbs and other things and there was an cute brunette in front of me, a little younger but in the ballpark. She looked over my items.

"Lemons. I forgot lemons."

"How many do you need?"

"Just one."

"Do you want one of these?" I asked as I undid the loose knot I had tied the top of the plastic bag with.

"Sure."

She asked if I was baking something.

"No. I have a chicken to cook."

"Do like to cook?"

"I think things might be cooking right now."

"The temperature does seem to be getting higher."

"My specialty is seafood. I'm fantastic at juicing clams."

"I just so happens I have a fresh clam that could use some juicing."


Okay so some of that dialog is phony but I did give her one of my three lemons.

I merely replied yes to her question of whether or not I liked to cook and then as discreetly as I could I checked out her ass as she walked out the door.

No comments: