Friday, November 05, 2004

Hope for the hopeless

So, I read someone’s post and I wanted to tear them a new one but I was in a hurry and I would be away from any of my computers so I would have to wait.

I needed to pick up Little g from some after school program. It was raining and it was dark. I stayed in the truck and was looking out the window. When I thought I saw her I got out and walked over. She was with some friends and said her goodbyes. She said goodbye to each one of the five by name. I thought it was excessive, just say one generic “See ya” and call it a day, was what I thought at the time.

As we walked down the stairs to where I was parked, Little g was asked “Who’s that?” I was the who. “He’s a friend of my mother,” the standard answer I’ve heard several times before but then she adds “He’s my friend, too” a nonstandard answer.

I held the door as she climbed into the truck, she has given up on telling me that I need running boards so people can get into my truck easier. She said “Thank you” as she sat down. I said “You’re welcome, friend,” a nonstandard answer.

I made it to the second job, the only thing pressing I had was to write just one check. I turned on the P4 and accessed the internet, I made it to where I wanted to leave my heated comment but the heat was gone.

I left a strongly worded post on my own site then erased it.

Life goes on.

You can throw your hope away but me – I’m keeping mine.

No comments: