Thursday, November 04, 2004

Pardon, me. I'm going to lunch.



I was a block and a half away from where the concession speech was given. I passed by the gathering crowd as I was on my way to my destination.

I’m still not used to seeing my everyday familiar sites on tv, even though it happens a lot.

In my former childhood neighborhood, they have an annual parade. The parade is locally known as a big to do, it’s televised and everything. I used to live right on the parade route, all I would have to do is watch it from my window. But me, I watched it on tv. I could hear the commotion of the parade outside my house but I would watch it from the comfort of my couch.

It was there if I wanted it.

I should take more pictures of the things I brush by in life. There have been times when I could have shaken history’s hand.

I watched the speech on tv while paying Keno while drinking lunch.

The event was there if I wanted it.

I was with someone familiar. He kept saying that he has never been to the famous hall where the speech was happening. I've been there a couple times, once for the mayor's inauguration. The hall is open to the general public most days, you just have to walk right in.

I don’t memorialize though because usually when it’s happening, I’m not so impressed.

I’ve actually been involved when footnote history has been made but you know what, the cable bill still didn’t pay itself.

No comments: