Thursday, November 18, 2004

just the fax

I get to the second job early, folks are there. I start to do my job from the privacy of my own office and I hear this human made noise, not a scream, yell or shriek I’m at a loss to describe it.

Turns out there is a mouse in a glue trap and someone who doesn’t like mice has found it.

I do not like glue traps. I most likely hate them. I prefer the old fashion kind that just snaps their neck right away. With a glue trap the mouse either starves or tears himself apart while tying to get free, not a pleasant way to go.

I threw the mouse trap with mouse away.



“Tim, can we move the fax, back where it was?”

where it was used to be by the stairs I ran the phone jack there myself, the questioner was the owner, she can do whatever she wants

“Yeah, I think the jack is still there”

I moved the fax and plugged it in but I didn’t get a dial tone. To the basement I went and there I spied my phone cable cut.

Bastards, I said.

I lucked out rerunning the cable though, there was an old fax line jack that wasn’t being used and the line was still active. Snip snip and screw screw and the fax was alive again.

And the sweetest part was that five years or more ago, I left extra phone line cable wrapped up by the jack the first time I ran the wire and the extra was long enough to reach the active line.

I’m easily amused.

No comments: