Wednesday, November 24, 2004



The long shot. I’m on a long shot kick. Notice all the long shots?

The first long shot idea I had was to shoot this shot but I never did for some reason. But last night I said “What the heck, I’ll shoot that shot tonight.”

Traffic was light so as I crossed the street I turned on the camera, shut off the flash, set it to timer mode then set it on the double yellow center line and pushed the button.

I pushed the wrong button and shut the camera off. I swore and then proceeded with steps one through three again but now a car crested the hill maybe a quarter mile away. I didn’t want headlights in the shot but I decided to take the shot anyway.

It turns out that I suck at guessing how long it takes the shutter to do its thing when the camera is in timer mode and also that the sucker cresting the hill was moving quicker than I thought.

I had to decide whether to chance the camera and leave it in the middle of street while speedy goes by or I could grab the camera early and wait for the shot I truly wanted.

For some reason I chose to chance the camera.

It wasn’t worth the risk.

No comments: