Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I was losing my light so I packed up the camera and drove to the office. I parked out front and walked to the back. The back door has one less lock and the keypad to the alarm system is closer.

The owner was in the patio area planting flowers. I just stood there after I said "Hi." I thought it was an odd way to spend the waning hours of Mother's Day and I wanted to offer her some help; I not sure why I didn't.

I told her I was trying out a new camera when she asked why I was there as I pulled it from its case. I told her Best Buy was offering a good deal on it and that I had some room on a credit card.

Money-wise times are tough but we weathered things like this before. I fidgeted a bit as I tried to move in some direction; either into the office or over to help her. I really didn't want to help plant flowers but I didn't want to just leave her either.

As I watched the plant she was working with, I told myself "Go or stay." She looked alone but she looked at peace; she away from her worries just a bit.

"How much did it cost you?"

"About nine hundred after the four year service contract."

"Once I sell some of my units, I give you the money. Just remind me, because I want to do it."

I didn't want the money. I just wanted her to start earning some more and maybe spending a little less but both of those are not totally controllable in the real estate world. If I had taken every thing she has offered me, I'd be a richer man but I keep the books, I know what's around and what is not.

I went inside. I was mucking up her peace.

No comments: