Tuesday, May 22, 2007

you shove off

I blew off Sunday because I was spending quality time with Emily, so I showed up on Monday.

I continue to find it odd that when I'm there on a non-scheduled day that everyone wants to talk to me.

Dude, I'm not even supposed to be here. Please leave me alone.

She walked up the stairs to tell me that I had a phone call and mentioned a name that had a familiar ring to it but that I was certain I didn't know. I questioned that the caller asked for me. I was told he asked for the owner first and me second. I took the call. It was the son of some seventy-two year old guy biking across the country with the hopes of raising money for some well known kids' club.

I had done a post card a few days prior for the event and hadn't heard back from anyone so I forgot about it. He said that what I did was very good and that he had a printer that would print them for free but that he needed camera ready art for the front, which was done and the back, which was not.

"My father's looking for a designer".

"I do it mostly as a hobby," I said to deflect any job offers.

"Well, you're good at it."

"Thanks," I said and let it drop.

I'm okay with what I did but I'm not happy with it. I think it could be better. I think it's at 73 percent.

No comments: