Monday, May 21, 2007

just keep looking straight ahead

He's not a bad guy; he's just a little strange and delicate. I sat next to him so he wouldn't feel slighted.

I had to leave but knew that I would be back within an hour so I asked the bartender if there was anything she wanted. Her answer was a coffee so I brought her one and also oatmeal raisin chocolate cookies, which I knew she would share.

"He said that he felt bad that he didn't bring anything in for me," the she said after the guy left. "It's like he thinks it's some sort of competition. He also says you don't say much."

I just shook my head. He's a guy that doesn't know when to shut up. He's full of nervous energy and poor social skills. He thinks giving unsolicited Victoria Secret gift cards is appropriate. I think doing so sends an inappropriate message.

When he sings the praises of a bartender that used him for free underwear, I just remain quiet. I found her to be cold. I told her once she was hard to get a read on. She told me that she tries to keep her personal life separate from her business life. The other bartenders didn't like her and rejoiced a bit when she was told not to come back one day. Some of the others labeled her a "dirty whore," I couldn't disagree with the whore part.

The guy lives in a different world than the one I see and I'm pretty sure that it's his vision that is faulty. His world is exaggerated, there are good things and bad things and nothing is just a thing.

I don't say much to the guy because I'll change his dream world.

No comments: