Wednesday, October 05, 2005

fifty grand

So, I was listening to the radio

and simply wasting time because it seemed like a rather long day

and I wondered what 50,000 words would look like

I've never done any writing so I've never had to produce a paper with a certain word count

I've never been interested in word counts before

I have been interested in the size of a book because I don't like 'em too big. I like them normal paperback size or their hard cover equivalent. I like the hard covers better if I'm reading at home. If I'm out and about - paper back.

Anyway, I don't know nothing about no word count. So, I know Word has a word count feature so I only had to get my hands on some text. And ya know what? I type a lot of crap from time to time and put it up on a blog. And this blog has an archive feature that will group a month's worth of posts together. And I know how to cut and paste and I did such to a month's worth of posts into a Word document and I further had Word count the words for me.

I counted some early months because it was my feeling that those months had more words and it turns out I typed about 18,000 to 19,000 words per month. And that was just me being a spaz. I was surprised.

I counted Feb 04 and Mar 04 in case you were wondering.

counting this line there are 274 words in this post. If I wrote this much 182 times more I would have 50,000 words.

No comments: