Friday, October 07, 2005

We'll see

I follow the links for the most part, at the very least I'll run the cursor over the link so my browser will tell me where it goes. National Novel Writing Month was one such link.

I thought the premise was interesting, I wished them luck. "Good luck" I said.

Then I thought "50,000 words, in one month, that's a lot" almost dauntingly so but then I thought "you really have no idea how much 50,000 is" and I didn't. So I researched it and found out that it is a lot but not a lot a lot. I thought it was doable for a writer if there was an inkling of inspiration.

"Good luck to them" I thought again only now without dismay at the 50K

Then I made mention of my former ignorance of 50,000 words. And, then some folks said

you can

do it

I thought "Yeah, I could. I could write 50,000 words in one month but I'm not a writer."

But the deal is National Novel Writing Month isn't really for serious writers


Can anyone participate in NaNoWriMo?
No. People who take their writing (and themselves) very seriously should probably go elsewhere. Everyone else, though, is warmly welcomed.

NaNoWriMo is all about the magical power of deadlines. Give someone a goal and a goal-minded community and miracles are bound to happen. Pies will be eaten at amazing rates. Alfalfa will be harvested like never before. And novels will be written in a month.

Lisa restated "that at least everyone has one story in them"


I replied that I don't know what my one story is


And then I thought isn't that what the whole National Novel Writing Month is all about, giving folks a reason to think about their story (or stories) and giving them a reason and a deadline to write them.

So, I signed up, under an alias. Most likely I lessen their winners percentage.

So, I have until the end of the month to figure out a story an then the month of November to write it.

I can almost guarantee that there will be a lot of too's and so's in it.

No comments: