Tuesday, October 18, 2005

it was a slow day for everyone, well everyone but me which was odd because usually it's reverse so naturally no one believed me when I said I gotta go.

then I heard "give him another"

She must have seen my heart sink because I wanted to be done. I think she saw because she set a small one in front of me. I would have married her on the spot but there was no justice of the peace so I just casually drank the mug of beer.

Talk of a personal ad materialized. A personal ad in a periodical, rather raunchy. "I can see your ad, all natural" I heard from my friend to the right, to which he added a pose.

"Don't even bother to call" I added.

She laughed, genuinely, as she repeated my words

Then my friend to the right ordered shots of Patron, for he and me.

A line definitely crossed.

A call on the cell "Are you coming back?"

An answer to the extent of - I'll be there in minutes, about three.

I need a new line.

No comments: