Sunday, October 16, 2005

too many people believe what they hear

I was struggling to enjoy the coffee. The coffee itself was rather good but all I wanted to do was to gulp it down as quickly as possible. I really had nothing pressing to do, I just didn't seem to want to sit.

I managed to drink the coffee as a normal coffee loving person would do but then I had trouble sitting watching the football game. The trouble I was having wasn't because my home team was losing, it was because I wanted high speed access to the internet. What I was going to do with the wanted high speed access wasn't known to me but most likely it was blog related.

I left.

When I got to my destination, anything I could scrap together into a post for my own blog really didn't interest me and I didn't seem to have the energy to read a lot of other blogs.

I did read Jamie and how he heard someone say the novel is dead. I read the comments too. The guy who said the novel was dead was holding a novel at the time. If his statement was true, he held the power to breathe a little life into the deadness but he put that power down.

I'm a bigger book buyer than I am a reader. I wouldn't say that I'm an avid reader but I like to read. I'm a big book fan. I like books. I like ink on paper. I like words and I like them written. I think the written word is more infinite than the spoken word. We can read writers from thousands of years ago. We can read voices that have long since fallen silent.

I don't think the novel is dead. I think it's an acquired taste. A taste that is best experienced while calming sitting down to enjoy the meal. A taste that doesn't come with the question of whether or not 'you what fries with that?'

No comments: