Tuesday, September 11, 2007

focal length

Monday morning frequently seems like a week from Sunday night; my mind resets somewhere in between. My weeks run from Monday to Sunday; Sunday is last week.

Lately, it's been getting more difficult to just float through life while having things fall into my lap. I may have to start working a plan or something.

I have trouble reading because my mind tends to wander; phrases trigger memories and ideas which start a new mental trip even though my eyes will still follow the words on the page. I'll hear a voice ask "What did you just read?" and I'll think, "Those words there." "Yeah, but what did they say?" the voice will continue and I'll have no answer.

I took my Canon Powershot on the day I was helping with the move and I only took it out once a dragonfly had landed on my antennae. I remember telling myself to use the zoom so the background would blur because I read that somewhere.



impulsive is different than spontaneous


We were sitting having coffee just like we do most every weekday when we were approached by a casually dressed young man who handed us each a religious tract. After he left I said "I guess we look like we needed to be saved."

Later, I read some of six paragraphs. It was scripture verses straight from the King James Bible. It's not an easy modern day read.

In the small print it states, "All tracts free as the Lord provides. Not to be sold." I think they would be a hard sell.

No comments: