Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Today I'm ahead of the game. Tomorrow I will be behind.

It was the fourth quarter when the phone ran. She told me who she was with and what they were trying to do and said that they needed a man. I let out a sigh and said that I would be there.

They were in the first floor kitchen when I got there; we then walked up to the third floor where the queen size sleep sofa was lying on its side just inside of the doorway. I was told that it was about two inches too large to get it through the doorway.

After a moment of staring at the sofa I was asked what I was doing. I gave the answer "Thinking" which wasn't untrue. I was thinking how I always get stuck in these situations. Once I had a plan, I heaved the sofa to stand it on end, turned it a hundred and eighty degrees and twisted most of it through the doorway. What still remained in the hallway took a lot of coaxing to get it passed the jamb.

"That wasn't too bad," someone said. "Yeah, I much rather move sleep sofas instead of watching the Patriots win."

No comments: