Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I would make more money by not working

I handed her a $200 check to sign and I didn't answer after she asked "Oh no, what's this?" She didn't know the check was for me.

She told me things would get better. I told her that I've been waiting seven years for things to get better and that they have only gotten worse.

Later, she told me "I don't want you stressing. I stress because I have to," I just lowered my gaze. "There are ten more of those upstairs," I said with a nod to my check. "And that's not counting all the expenses I'm incurring." As she didn't answer, I continued to wonder how she thought I could stop stressing, I'm the one people call when they want a check, and I'm the one they call when the checks bounce.

She laughed when I said that I had to get a day job to subsidize my night job; I remained stone faced.

No comments: