Thursday, September 06, 2007

Tuesday

back from a week off.

people are talking too loudly.

i had to cover for someone coming in late.

the computer i was using was even slower than before. it actually takes minutes to do its simple task.

just too much noise.


...

After one trip to the self storage place, one guy and his truck had left. The guy that had a house worth of stuff in storage then turned to me and asked how long I could stay. The original plan had not been to move things on the three day weekend but the week before but fate has a nasty habit of changing schedules. Since eight, another guy was supposed to be on the way but by eleven and he still hadn't showed. I calculated how many trips it would take us to finish and guessed at five and it had taken us over two hours for the first trip. I hung my head a little bit, I had hoped to finally relax after wasting five days of vacation but he was in a tight spot. I quietly told him that I could stay the whole day.

...

It was the last of the coffee time for the season. I usually avoid the coffee time because social crowds aren't really my scene but I something I needed to do had kept me there. I was sipping a bad cup of way too hot coffee when someone walked up to me.

"Hey, have you cheered up at all yet?" I smiled as a shook his hand after I maneuvered my coffee to the other hand.

"Maybe a little. I don't know yet."

"All you ever do is laugh; you and your whole family."

I just shrugged my shoulders. I do laugh a lot but I don't feel cheery.

No comments: