Tuesday, September 11, 2007

That's right, real food.

I was surprised that the recipe for Buffalo wings were to simply deep fry them and then toss then into hot sauce. But that was years ago.

I had wings and I had that recipe for hot sauce that I clipped from the newspaper. The recipe for the hot sauce is something like:

three tablespoons of kosher salt
two teaspoons of cayenne pepper
one tablespoon of crushed red pepper
cup of melted butter
two cups of Frank's Hot Sauce.

You blend it all in a food processor. It's good. I added a clove of garlic, mostly because it had been sitting unused and I like garlic on occasion.

I only had a twelve ounce bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce so I rounded things down a bit. I'll post the video of my hot wings making experience on youtube later.


The point of this post was merely to say that I think deep frying chicken wings for twelve minutes seems excessive but that's what the cookbook said to do and they were nice and crispy.

...

My uncle and his girlfriend were over on labor day and my mom told her that I cook and then when she found out that there was more than just burgers she said "Oh, he cooks real food."

No comments: