Sunday, September 09, 2007

my blog manners are atrocious

I asked who because I didn't hear who died. It was someone who I met over twenty five years ago; the son of a single mother. We used to go to the same church. I saw him for the first time in three years, just eight days prior. He said he was in a program and felt it was necessary to say in a whisper that it was for substance abuse. He showed me his new tattoo commemorating that he had two young daughters. I remember thing that he should show his daughters that he loves them by actually loving them. He seemed to be hiding something behind an upbeat disposition. I thought nothing much of it at the time; I figured he was just worried about making the same mistakes his parents made.

In parting he asked that I would tell my family "hello" for him. I hadn't gotten around to it before the call came in that he was found dead, cause unknown.

No comments: