Thursday, May 13, 2004

I multiply the difficulty by four...

So, I'm working overtime at the day job and the boss comes over and tells me how I'm appreciated, how the guys in the field respect me, and other things I forget, it goes on for fifteen minutes. I appreciated the gesture but how about if you try to start fixing some of the fixable problems around here? I was actually kind of surprised, usually he has not a good word to say about anybody.

I'm not as angry as I pretend.

Angry people get things quicker than the meek folks. I threw my phone in the trash the other day because it wasn't working properly, which started the process of me getting a new phone. I was still waiting for my request from four months ago to be processed for a new phone before this one hit the trash. I felt guilty, though when someone fished it out of the trash bin. I wanted to whisper "Just leave it there. I'll get it later. I'm just making a point" but it was too late.

I'm a showman. Or is it circus monkey?

No comments: