Thursday, May 13, 2004

Tsk, tsk, tsk...

This was in my "Draft" folder. I thought I lost it. I should look in here more often.

So, today I get this email about an impromptu cook-out and I am asked to bring a certain item and I was requested to acknowledge the email. My reply was "I received your presumptuous email", and nothing else because I'm a smart ass. Then I followed it up with an email that said I was only joking, I would be there, even though I had to work late. So, I sent the second email and I noticed a message which informed me I sent it to everyone in my address book. Great. Now I can no longer be critical of those folks who screw up email. Even though I was in a hurry, I have no excuse. I'm not certain I will ever forgive myself.

In other news, I'm working late at the day job and my boss comes over and tells me how much I'm appreciate, how the guys in the field respect me, and some other stuff I forget, he goes on for 15 minutes. What impressed me most were not his words but that he made an effort to say "Thanks", he usually doesn't do that.

I also realize that I'm a drama queen. I'll inflate the importance or difficulty of a thing so when I get it done I'll seem that much greater.

I also realize that I fake anger a lot. There are times I get hot under the collar but usually not as much as I pretend. I'll be spitting venom at someone and then give a wink and a smile to a friend watching from the sidelines. Or I'll storm out of a room and then go tell my friends I just scared the whole conference room full of people and have a big laugh.

"Tim, are you really pissed or not?"
"You think I shouldn't be pissed off?"
"I'm not saying that, I'm asking are you truly angry?"
"Why wouldn't I be angry?"
"Are you mad, yes or no?"
"...no, I'm just screwing with ya"

No comments: