Wednesday, May 05, 2004

the toniest...


Outside was I today, so the day job was aces. I heard "hey, engineer come here" while striding down picturesque spring blossomed streets.

After the day job the plan was to get a new suit. So, I went and got a new suit. I'm paying for it and the cellie rings. I should let you know right here and now I think talking on the phone while taking care of other business is rude. So the plan was to say I'll call you back. The plan never left the drawing board. The panicked caller tells me the ad has to change. It must. It must. The ad(s) whose deadline has already past, well sort of past.

I try to give the salesperson as much attention as I can. I'm trying to be quick about it on the phone. The salesperson is quicker than I. I leave the store with my receipt and a pick-up date of the nineteenth for my altered black Kenneth Cole two piece while still on the phone trying to offer calming words of assurance.

I finish the call two steps out the door. I was rude. I don't like being rude and if I witnessed someone else do what I just did I would label them a pompous jack-ass, so I did. "You pompous jack-ass", I said to myself.

I felt I left a bad taste. One was to get rid of a bad taste is with Godiva chocolate. The second floor sells Godiva chocolate so to the second floor I went.

I returned to the salesperson and offered an apology with the gift of chocolate. I received a smile in return.

Now, I here sending a modified pdf to the publisher. The absolute deadline is tomorrow at noon but I tell everyone the deadline is Wednesday morning. It just makes my life a little easier.

I down side is that I am eating Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream Ruffle potato chips with an Arizona Iced Tea with ginseng extract instead of the planned on center cut pork chop with a nice white wine. But, I am really enjoying the iced tea, I got two bottles of the stuff, I have not had it for awhile. I think I need to drink more of it.

I spoke to Lady G earlier she was strolling down the toniest street in my fair city, three streets over from where I was this morning. She was looking for a dress for the same event for which I just bought my suit.

No comments: