Friday, May 07, 2004

not too bad...

So, I’m trying to fight the good fight and all that stuff and the day is going much like another day. I get requests and do my best to fulfill those requests. But, today something different happened. My efforts were rewarded in cash on the spot. One hundred dollars worth. Two acts of kindness rewarded with cold hard cash.

I don’t like taking cash because some times people think they own you but this cash was given to me kinda indirectly. I didn’t have a chance to refuse.

I’m playing poker tomorrow with the guys, now I’ll be playing with someone else’s money. Coincidentally one hundred dollars is my limit for playing poker with the guys.

I’m at a friend’s house posting this waiting for her to return.

I wish I had my cigars.

Or a cookbook. I need to bring something to the poker game. I would like to do something different this time. Past items: pizza wheels (a couple of times), honey mustard chicken wings, calzones, mini hamburgers, pistachio nuts …I think there was something else but I cannot think of it.

I’m thinking maybe something sweet this time. But, I’m without my cookbooks.

Beer, too, all types. I try to mix it up a bit but some of the other guys do not care for change. They just keep with the Bud lights. Yeah, I’m the exciting one.

I might bring some sour mix with scotch or whiskey.