Wednesday, May 12, 2004

So, today I'm helping to spruce up my fair city ...I'm getting paid for it, it is part of my duties. Every Wednesday, I'm supposed to put my other responsibilities on hold and fix signs and stuff out on the streets. The job isn't very exciting but it does get me out of the office and that is a good thing.

I'm making progress in the street, starting to enjoy the day, and the guys in the truck tell me I have been summoned to the Hall to do a map.

Today, the weather is great. Today my street is a good street, in a good location.

So, much for that.

I think I'm called back for some bullshit reason I was clued into before, so I'm not very happy. But, I was wrong, I'm called back to do something important and very ASAP. I get apologies from the big guys.

Today, I'm the man once again.

I'm working on the project, extremely focused. When some shit hits the fan. One whole division in the office is gone either sick, in meetings or whatnot, and I'm the only one who can cover the work load. So, I end up doing the project and covering the other division's work load. And I end up staying late (which means overtime).

So, I was rocking, doing things those other lowly mortals could not do.

The only down side is that I was dressed like a bum.
...
I was talking to Lady G last night. I ran into her at her house, she was sitting in her SUV on the cellie when I drove up. I had told her I would drop something off that day and it was 11:47PM so I had to get to hopping.

When I'm leaving she said "Don't do anything I wouldn't do", I said "I wouldn't do some of the things you do do". Her reply to that - "That's because you are boring", "That's true" I agreed.

She consoled me that boring is not always a bad thing, that she likes boring, sometimes. I don't believe that she likes boring but I do believe that she likes me.

No comments: