Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I still have time...

So you get more on the suit. I go to where I usually go to buy suits. The fine suits are downstairs. My size is on the back wall. I'm looking for black but not flat black. It needs a pin stripe or a texture or something. One catches my eye just as the salesperson asks if I need help. I think we all know I need help but I'm not certain as to this man's capabilities so I keep with the suit concerns.

"Yeah, I need a suit, black but not solid, flat black."
"You need it in this size?"
"Yeah" says I

Granted I don't but suits more than twice a year or decade but I know my size. So, he pulls the suit I was looking as at and two others both with a pin strips on has more closely spaced stripes than the other.

The suit I prefer most has a faint ribbing. I tell the salesperson, "I like this one". He asks what the occasion is, I say semi-formal and social. Then he gives me fashion advice on shirts and tie, informs me that this suit can dress up or dress down. After, he stopped talking and I stopped having to stifle my yeah, no shit's. I say okay, I'll take this one. And then we stand there, I'm expecting that he will take the lead and show me to the changing room so this suit can get marked-up for tailoring, but nothing happens. So, I ask do you still do tailoring? He says yes and grabs the suit.

Thank you.

I suppose he has seen people flip flop on the decisions before but when I know what I want, I know I want it. You know?

No comments: