Tuesday, February 01, 2005

commented

Have you ever started a comment on someone's post and figured this is getting way too long and way too much about me to stay as a comment on someone else's post?

I’m fiscally conservative, religiously Christian, I won’t say skullf*ck Bush, in face to face conversations I rarely use profanities, I doubt my own worth as a blogger. I had questions whether or not I could or should write for a site that seemed to have fundamental differences with some of what I personally believe.

The reason I do participate, or at least try to, is because I read most of the contributors’ personal blogs, I’ve commented or emailed, or received such, from almost everyone I read, I’ve found that they will give you a fair shake, they will hear you out, they are open to discussion, and despite personal differences they are inclusive. We all want a change.

A few folks have figured out that I’m a Christian and they still talk to me anyway.

I think the religious crowd catches a lot of heat, and most of the heat they deserve.

I have a lot of problems with religion, myself, but it’s mainly with the business of religion. Too many people get hung on specifics when the general message is usually based on love. And, what’s good about things based on love is that they work universally, no matter what you do or do not believe.

Get the general message working and then work of the specifics, is what I think.

In general, there is too much hate, too much judgment, too much unwillingness to listen.

Occasionally, there comes a corner where people can reach a common ground for change, a common ground for caring, regardless of specific individual beliefs.

Always open for discussion – Bring the Beef

No comments: