Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Shot-ed

I removed the labels from the bottom of the shot glasses and gave them a good washing.

The labels came of easy after they were dabbed with “Brush Cleaner,” rubbed off and then washed with regular dish detergent and hot water. Brush Cleaner is a volatile mixture of chemicals used to restore/clean paintbrushes which have had paint dry on them. I’m always careful to properly wash out my brushes but sometimes the Brush Cleaner comes in handy, especially if you let other folks use your paint brushes. I keep a can under the kitchen sink because it’s also good for removing labels from shot glasses.

Labels that aren’t removed properly are another of my pet peeves.

Anyway.

Holding a now pristine brand new shot glass, it seemed a waste just to put them away, so I decided that a shot might be in order. At first I thought whiskey – Jack Daniels to be exact, but then I remembered I have Jim Beam in the frig, then I thought about Glenlivet, then Sambuca, then Vodka, then back to the 12 year old single malt scotch – Glenlivet.

I poured half a glass or at least tried for half a glass, I poured a little more than half a glass. I held it and tried to remember if I ever did a shot of scotch or any other type of whiskey, I couldn’t remember, mixed shots and varies combinations of straight vodka came to mind, as far as I knew this would be a first, I thought.

It burned a bit, I usually sip my scotch on the rocks, I was expecting more heat. I thought about another shot but I reasoned that I wasn’t drinking for effect, I was just trying out the shot glass and it worked just fine.

No comments: