Wednesday, February 23, 2005

sometimes, I conform but usually with a sly grin that causes folks to wonder

The following is an actual email I sent to someone. I usually don't share emails with the populous even though I don’t mind it when someone shares mine.

I’m weird like that.

You get to see this one because I think it’s funnily strange and quite innocuous.

And most likely unnecessary.




The why:

35 is the number of contributors listed on BTB

B.T.B. I tried it without the periods and didn't like it

I thought the 'inspected & passed' message seemed like a validation so I kept it as is


the how:

“35” - Arial 28.087pt

“B.T.B” – Arial Narrow 32.49pt

“INSP˙D & P˙S˙D” – Arial Narrow 22.505pt (Spacing between character – 85%, Spacing between word – 185%) and has an outline of .404pt and is placed .035" off of the baseline which is a 1.465” circle

The dots for the abbreviations ( ˙ ) are unsurprisingly called 'dot above' in my character map.

The odd sizes are because it was drawn at one size and shrunk.


No comments: