Wednesday, February 02, 2005

It's sucks but give it time

So, I pass over what I did she takes it and asks “Do you like it?”

I say “No.”

She asks “Why?”

I say “I dunno. I just don’t really like it.”

This happens a lot. I’ll work on something until I run out of time or ideas and then offer what I have and most likely not like it. It will serve its purpose, and things may be even spelled correctly but I won’t like it, for reasons that will escape me.

I got short notice for some palm cards, I blogged about it somewhere, I did what I could but the ideas just weren’t coming so I threw all the info on the page and fussed with it until it didn’t hurt my eyes. I offered what I had and I was told “This is great!”

I disagreed.

That was over two months ago, I never saw the finished product, never until last night. I was asked to do an ad “For this property” and I was handed the palm card. They printed it on light ivory stock, the feel of what I had done was old time-y, the ivory stock gave it a further old feel.

I waited until I was along in my office before I really looked at the card.

It was good, I sometimes surprise myself.

No comments: