Friday, February 18, 2005

plenty

“Of what are you thinking?” Peary asked one of his Eskimo guides.
“I do not have to think,” was the answer; “I have plenty of meat.”
-Will Durant, Our Oriental Heritage

...

Yesterday at work

I answered the phone with my usual business greeting.

“Hey when you coming by?” Lady G asked.

“I can be there in twenty minutes.”

“I may not need you then” said in such a way to express that the need was carnal.

“Can you meet me somewhere half way then?”

“I thought you would have been by yesterday. I have something for you.”

nothing was ever said about me dropping by but I ususally would have been by, by now.

“Yeah, I thought I was going to be by too. I have tomorrow off, I’ll come by then. What is it?”

"You'll have to wait to see."


today is yesterday’s tomorrow.

No comments: